In order to vote you will need an LJ log in or an Open ID log in (instructions for how to log in with Open ID are here). If you're reading this, it's 99% certain that you already have an Open ID, so it shouldn't be an issue. You don't need to vote in every category if you don't want to, and if you just want to see the results without voting, don't select any options and just click "submit vote". Nobody gets to see who has voted for what except me, and I promise not to tell, so you have no need to be shy about voting for anyone you like in any category.
Are we all ready? OK, well log in, and get voting!
Best Fandom Blog by a Single Person
Best Political Blog by a Single Person
Best General Blog by a Single Person
Best Group Blog or LJ Community
Prettiest Blog Design
Best Dead Tree-Based Blog
Male Blogger I Would Most Like to Have Sex With (if they were available and attracted to me)
Female Blogger I would Most Like To Have Sex With (if they were available and attracted to me)
Why are there no Ticky Boxes in this poll? I demand Ticky Boxes!
- if you want to link to this post, feel free. If you are on LJ, you don't even have to link if you don't want, you can just embed the poll in a post of your own by inserting this bit of code in triangular code brackets: lj-poll-1243314. I'd rather you put a link to this post in there somewhere, though.
- Do feel free to let people know that they have been shortlisted, and that they can pimp the poll out to get their mates to vote for them. The more the merrier!
- shiny shiny graphics for you to post to your blog to get people to vote for you are here. They link to the top post in the "very prestigious blog of the year awards" tag, which will be this one. When this category is over and the next one is going up, they will link to that, and then when the awards are over, the top post will be the results.
- I am not Iain Dale, therefore, regardless of the many people who nominated me and other sites I write for (thank you, by the way, Horatio is pleased), I haven't included myself or any of the sites I write for in any of the categories. Apologies to Sunny for this: hopefully one day someone who isn't affiliated with Lib Con will run a poll like this... And Lib Dem Voice isn't there because nobody nominated it; strange but true.
- to try and avoid accusations of bias, each category has been arranged in alphabetical order.
- Links to the shortlisted blogs (back to top):
- Best Fandom Blog by a Single Person: Andrew Rilstone, cadhla, Karen Healey, lizbee, Whatever by John Scalzi
- Best Political Blog by a Single Person: lizw, Septicisle, Stumbling and Mumbling by Chris Dillow, The People's Republic of Mortimer, The Very Fluffy Diary of Millennium Dome, Elephant
- Best General Blog by a Single Person: innerbrat, jimhines, minnesattva, naamah_darling, Wil Wheaton
- Best Group Blog or LJ Community: Boing Boing, diggerdydum, Feministe, Feminist SF, Language Log
- Prettiest Blog Design (I get the feeling that a few of these were nominated purely on content, and a few of them purely on design of the actual blog. Vote with your conscience.): claire_smith, Dave Hone's Archosaur Musings, Devil's Kitchen, ginasketch, Mezzoblue
- Geekiest Blog: Charlie Stross, Stephen Fry, Strange Maps, SV-POW!, Tetrapod Zoology
- Best Dead Tree-Based Blog: Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, Comment is Free, James May, Mark Steel, Rhodri Marsden's Cyberclinic
- Wittiest Blog: annajaneclare, Mitch Benn, Pink Dog Blog, pink_weasel, Richard Herring
- Male Blogger I Would Most Like to Have Sex With: Alex Wilcock, badhabits6882, James Graham, matgb, monolithix
- Female Blogger I would Most Like To Have Sex With: haloskitten, innerbrat, Olivia Judson, steerpikelet, Steph Ashley
For transparency, here's who I voted for:
Best Fandom Blog by a Single Person: Lizbee
Best Political Blog by a Single Person: The Very Fluffy Diary of Millennium Dome, Elephant
Best General Blog by a Single Person: InnerBrat
Best Group Blog or LJ Community: Feminist SF
Prettiest Blog Design: GinaSketch
Geekiest Blog: Stephen Fry
Best Dead Tree-Based Blog: Bad Science by Ben Goldacre
Wittiest Blog: Pink Weasel (sorry Mitch)
Male Blogger I Would Most Like to Have Sex With: James Graham (there I go, voting for the unattainable)
Female Blogger I Would Most Like to Have Sex With: InnerBrat (there I go, voting for the unattainable AGAIN)